MLB Magic Numbers

Last night was the first game of the baseball season. My magic number generator failed, of course. I tested it on last years data. In the program, I do a little calculation to figure who’s first and the number of games to win in order to beat them. The trouble is that the data had blanks instead of numbers. PHP shows no errors, but refuses to do the math. No matter what happened, I got 163 as the default answer. It is fixed, some 12 hours late.

This is one of the ones that I am going to make a million on.

Just watch. I’ll be sitting in my study, overlooking the rugged Maine coast, and knocking out Campbell prize winning stories by the end of the year.

I just got the emails telling me that the magic numbers changed. Everything is working, now.